Total Pageviews

Friday, December 17, 2010

Comeback khan | Shah Rukh Khan | magine TV’s Zor Ka Jhatka



His last stint on television, Kya Aap Paanchvi Pass Se Tez Hain?, was enough of a debacle to daunt anyone from returning to the small screen. But Shah Rukh Khan is not anyone and far from fearing the fire that burnt him so badly, he’s raring to host a new television show starting in 2011. Touted as the world’s ‘biggest, most successful and most hilarious’ game show, Imagine TV’s Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout, will see Khan in full verbal diarrohea mode. At a media interaction in Mumbai on Friday, the superstar gave enough glimpses of of that.

The show-stopper
“Zor Ka Jhatka is going to be a wildly entertaining show, where the 28 participants will have to overcome several hilarious obstacles and complete some crazy tasks.”

SRK the allrounder
“I’m not simply the host of the show. I’m a host, narrator, storyteller, commentator, all rolled in one. I’ll be there in the studio, I’ll also be interacting with the participants, be present on live feeds — I’ll be all over the place.”

The appeal of Zor Ka Jhatka
“It’s a little cruel, but it’s also true that no matter how hard we try to do otherwise, we can’t help but laugh when someone slips on a banana peel. This show has that kind of humour — people are stumbling and falling and it’s all so hilarious. But it’s all done in good humour. You could call it a ‘sweetly nasty show’.”

24X7 performer
“I’m an actor, I love to perform. In fact, I’m always performing whether it’s on stage, on TV, in movies, even in my bathroom, I catch myself acting. So whenever I get the chance to act or perform, I leap at it. But even my wife is complaining that I’ve taken on too much work.”

The quizmaster
“I really enjoy quiz shows and at home, I have quizzes with my children when we sit down to eat. We just did a small IQ test yesterday morning, and I’ve discovered that they’re much smarter than me.”

King of the bedroom
“Everyone thinks that I’m the Badshah of Bollywood, but I’m actually the Badshah of the Bedroom. Don’t think I’m being vulgar; I’m only saying this because most families sit in the bedroom together and watch TV. We do it in our house as well. When I say I’ll be the King of the Bedroom, I mean that I’ll bring entertainment to the bedroom, in that sense.”



The Dhaka controversy
“When I did my stage show in Dhaka and wore the belly dancing skirt over my pants for an act, I didn’t think anyone would be offended. I’ve done that act all over the world and it’s been appreciated everywhere. Comedy is a double-edged sword. Sometimes people get offended and all you can do is apologise. There’s never any intention of offending people deliberately by doing something that goes against their culture.”

No apologies
“What I said on Karan Johar’s show was that while in public, I might be an outgoing person, but I’m very shy in real life. I might be an actor, but, in private, I have a great deal of trouble expressing emotions like joy, sorrow, anger or even apologising. When I said I never apologise, I didn’t say that with pride. What I meant was that I simply can’t express it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment